Posted on May 19, 2015 at 4:55 AM
Take-Two confirmed in its Q4 and FY2015 financial report today, GTA wins.
Take-Two confirmed that they have shipped 52 million physical and digital copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 since the game's release in September 2013 and are set to
“Fiscal 2016 is off to a great start, highlighted by the April launch of Grand Theft Auto V for the PC, which has exceeded our expectations,” reads the report. “Throughout the coming year, we will continue to execute our proven strategy of launching a select array of the highest-quality titles, led by new annual releases of NBA 2K and WWE 2K; Battleborn, a groundbreaking new intellectual property from Gearbox Software; and a soon-to-be announced new triple-A title from 2K.
“We also will continue to deliver innovative offerings designed to promote ongoing engagement with our games and drive recurrent consumer spending. Beyond fiscal 2016, we have a robust development pipeline and our Company is well-positioned to deliver growth and margin expansion over the long-term.”
Below you can see a few bullet points from the press release.
- Launched Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online on the PC. Grand Theft Auto V has now sold-in nearly 52 million units across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Released Grand Theft Auto Online Heists – a four-player co-op mode for Grand Theft Auto Online that enables players to plan, prepare and execute multi-tiered Heists across Los Santos and Blaine County – as a free update on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Launched Evolve on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Evolve is being supported with a robust array of downloadable add-on content, including a Hunting Season Pass, as well as a companion App –Evolve: Hunters Quest. The game received positive reviews from influential critics, including IGN which scored it 9 out of 10 and Game Informer which scored it 8.5 out of 10, and has sold-in approximately 2.5 million units to date.
- Released Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Handsome Collection includesBorderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel along with all of the downloadable content for both titles.
- Launched Sid Meier’s Starships™ on PC, Mac and iPad. This turn-based, tactical space combat game features cross-connectivity and unlockable bonuses with Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth.
- Brought WWE simulation video gaming to the PC and mobile platforms for the first time ever with the release ofWWE 2K15 for PC and WWE 2K for iOS and Android.
- Announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide, an expansion pack for the popular PC title from Firaxis Games, is planned for release in fall 2015.